Saturday, August 4, 2012

Fishy Fish

Those of you who know me are aware of the fact that I rarely ever order fish.  Yesterday I decided to try the daily special at our hotel.  Russ was having fish and chips but I opted for the healthy choice...grilled fish.  Little did I know that I was getting the WHOLE fish, from head to tail.  It was served with roasted potatoes and carrots but once I saw the fish, I couldn't eat anything.  No more fish for me.

Today I had a totally different experience. While exploring Greenwich I saw these signs and thought I'd go in and check out the cafe. Wasn't exactly sure what to expect but the orders I saw looked delicious.  I bravely ordered the chicken & mushroom pie & mash.  Delightful!!! They had "take away" of 4" fruit pies so I brought one back for Russ. The owner told me they were a family business and had been making these pies for years.   

1 comment: