Friday, August 3, 2012

London!!!

Russ Hellickson
OBS Production Team
ExCel Center



Stopped at Heathrow to get Russ his credentials. They weren't busy so the process went quickly.  Airport was full of welcome signs, murals and Olympic posters.  Left on the Heathrow Express for Paddington Station, a 15 minute ride on a fast train.  At Paddington Russ was to get ground transportation to the hotel.  Even though I wasn't credentialed, they allowed me to ride along in the cab which made it easy for me, especially since it was 3AM Ohio time.  People were just NICE and HELPFUL! A treat.



Once we arrived at our hotel, the room wasn't ready but the staff was simply wonderful.  They helped with luggage, the internet, hot water for tea, moved me into the pub for better internet, provided an adapter, and said they would find me as soon as our room was ready.  Russ is off getting his "uniform". He has a meeting at 5.  I'm sure he is hoping for a nap and food before then. Ditto!


1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it. Dad commented that "nancy is in her element now." Looking forward to hearing about all of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete