Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Trafalger Square





National Gallery


 Big Ben and Westminster Abbey


Countdown clock to the Parolympics.


One of the nicest places to spend time people watching was the area around Trafalgar Square.  There is a column honoring Admiral Nelson, a WWII war hero. Tarfalgar Square is considered the center of modern London.  My favorite sandwich shops is the PRET A MANGER in the background.  On one of my visits there, I told them PRET was my favorite.  They said thank you, gave me a free banana and one of their gingerbread cookies. Supposedly there are 25 in the US.  I have only eaten at the one in DC.





St.Martin-in-the-Fields is a beautiful church built in the 1720s. The church is famous for its concerts and cafe. There is now a glass entrance for the church's updated gift shop and the Cafe in the Crypt. Beautiful and the apple crisp is as wonderful as always!


No comments:

Post a Comment