Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Westminster Abbey





Westminster Abbey is a phenomenal church that has been in use since 1066.  There are tombs of royalty, politicians, scientist, writers and soldiers.  Coronations, funerals and weddings are held there, most recently the wedding of Kate Middleton and Prince William.  Rather than take the official tour, I went to one of the 5 o'clock evensong services.  You enter and can enjoy a worship service complete with choir and organ music.  The day I went was during international week.  The guest speaker was from Singapore where my brother Phil and his family live.  I loved being inside this amazing church and hearing the sounds of music.  Of course, I kept visualizing all the pictures of the royal wedding in my heading and picturing where each royals sat!  I was seated on the Middleton side.

1 comment: